Well hello there! It’s a bright and sunny day here in Minneapolis and – SURPRISE! – we are hiring again!
PS. Triple exclamation point in the first line! you’re so welcome!!!
Over the last 6-9 months, Bjork and I have had the opportunity to build our little Pinch of Yum team and it’s been awesome. That’s putting it lightly. We love our team so very much. Here’s who we’ve currently got working on POY behind the scenes:
- Lindsay – me! hello again. I’m the blog content creator / day to day manager of things.
- Bjork – my husband. ♡ He acts as tech consultant / business advisor / taste tester.
- Jenna – our office manager. She is email / social media / organizer of everything.
- Alana – our video intern. She does planning / filming / all things video.
- Stephanie – my sister! She’s our grocery shopper / cleaner upper / hands in the videos.
- Sage – mascot.
And now we are looking to add to the team again – sort of. We won’t be adding a new position necessarily, but since my sister Stephanie is off to new exciting academia-type things this fall (u go girl), we need someone to fill her position of Shoot Assistant.
We fully believe that the best candidate for this job is going to be someone who is already in this little online community in some way, shape, or form – maybe a reader, maybe a commenter, maybe just an occasional stalker or Instagram liker. Someone who already has a sense of what we’re all about and who wants to be a part of an ever-changing, fast-moving, fun and light-hearted team atmosphere with us as we continue to develop Pinch of Yum.
Read the description below, and if this position sounds like the right fit for you, SCORE! Please apply.
And if not, I have a huge favor to ask you in exchange for many more yummy recipes in the days and months ahead: will you share this job opportunity with your friends who are of the friendly, adaptable, likes-to-cook variety? The ones that would love a part-time job working around food all day (so basically, all of them)? The ones who would just so totally thrive in a part-time job like this?
Position Title: Shoot Assistant
Main Thing You’ll Do: Make the photography and cooking process for Pinch of Yum more efficient.
Other Important Thing You’ll Do: Assist our tiny video team in creating recipe videos. So what I’m saying right now is YOU’LL BE THE HANDS. This could be the start of the story you’ll tell when people ask how you started your career as a food video hand model.
Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Schedule: We are very open to developing a schedule that works for you – ideally it would be a set consistent schedule of 2-3 days each week.
Location: Minneapolis, MN – all videos and photos are done in our studio in the North Loop
Compensation: Dependent on the qualifications of the applicant
Starting Date: August 2016
Examples of Daily Responsibilities:
- FOOD PREP: think chopping, sautéing, mixing, and making hundreds of delicious sauces in the food processor.
- GROCERY SHOPPING: I’m just telling you now, there will be some epically large grocery trips.
- FOOD STYLING: if you have any artistic inclinations, I might ask you to help set up a shot or hold something or consult with the best way to photograph a recipe. Two brains are better than one!
- CONTENT IDEATION: see note about two brains.
- CLEAN UP: dishes? Ain’t no thing for you cause you are the cleaning BOSS and we already love you for it.
- VIDEOS: involving co-planning and co-executing the recording of our recipe videos. It’s a real good time.
- COMMUNICATING WITH A TEAM: we love to (and need to) Slack / message / chat on a regular basis, and we also communicate strictly in GIFs so please start preparing your GIF collection asap. (That was a joke-lie. We use actual words sometimes.)
Looking for a Person Who Is:
- Super excited about food
- Confident and comfortable in the kitchen
- Highly organized
- Able to follow directions
- Able to take initiative without direct supervision
- Able to get work done quickly
- Fun to be around
This application has now closed.
You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for reading the blog and supporting it by bringing us the best people. (Because people who love food are ALWAYS the best people.)